Montra

"Blessed is he who has learned to admire but not envy, to follow but not imitate, to praise but not flatter, and to lead but not manipulate." ~ William Arthur Ward ~

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Course Objectives Met for MMC Ethics and Decision Making

Reflection is typically not one of my favorite exercises.  Sometimes it is easier to focus on what you did not accomplish over what you did accomplish.  However, here are my thoughts regarding my achievement in my Ethics and Decision Making course.  Overall, I am very happy with all that I learned.  The book on the Seven Layers of Integrity was the perfect book for the class.  I found the Judgment in Managerial Decision Making a difficult read and attribute it my lack of understanding with mathematical equations and how many examples in the book math was utilized. 
I have tried several of the ideas presented in the books within my daily work life and some work and some do not.  I am glad I tried them but should have kept in mind to give credence to what experience and processes I already use that may be just as effective. 
I believe I make better decisions and am more analytical because of Chapter 5 in Judgment in Managerial Decision Making Text.  Many times, we allow emotional influences to impact our decisions.  The section on “When Emotion and Cognition Collide” caused me to laugh and ponder my own biases.  I am not sure I would want to be tied up as Ulysses but his plan worked because he had a backup plan with people he could trust.  I pray that I could make this type of decision when the outside forces are stronger than my own person efforts to take a hit for the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment